About the First Tour of The Wheelchair Friendly RPG Trailer Prototype
The Wheelchair Friendly RPG Trailer prototype was on its first tour just 2 weeks after purchasing it. From October 6th, to the 10th, the trailer covered 998.2 miles, wrapping up with multiple broadcasts and interviews at the local KREM 2 News television station in Spokane.
The goal of the RPG Trailer is to provide free recreation-therapy and music-based services, especially role-playing games, for people with special needs in un-served and under-served areas.
I first used role-playing games as an educational in 1985, and have been using it as a therapeutic modality since 2004. The RPG Trailer makes it more affordable for me to provide these services to people in un-served and under-served areas throughout North America.
The tour schedule was ironed out on the fly, and this page was updated as information solidified closer to the tour date, and any changes that happen on the road.
Catch (recordings of the) live broadcasts during the tour (and the recordings there) here: https://www.youtube.com/user/rpgresearch/live
Photo from West Seattle Stop October 7th, 2016. From left to right: Adam Davis & Adam Johns of Wheelhouse Workshop, and Andy Dopieralski of The Two Bards podcast, Zombie Orpheus Entertainment, & Dead Gentlemen Productions, The Gamers, JourneyQuest and more. Finally Hawke Robinson on the far right, creator of the RPG Trailer, RPG Research Project, and RPG Therapeutics LLC.
Thursday, October 6
Photo: The RPG Trailer at EWU Parking lot in Cheney, WA.
- 8:00 am Leave Spokane --> Arrive Cheney 9:00 am (Eastern Washington University)
- 9:00 am Arrive Cheney, EWU Northwest Parking Lot
- 12:30 pm Leave Cheney --> Ritzville
- 1:30 pm Arrive Ritzville
- 2:00 pm Leave Ritzville --> Moses Lake
- 3:30 pm Arrive Moses Lake
- 4:00 pm Leave Moses Lake --> Ellensburg
- 6:00 pm Arrive Ellensburg
- 6:30 pm Leave Ellensburg --> Seattle / Mill Creek area
- 9:00 pm Arrive Mill Creek area.
Friday, October 7
- 10:00 am - Leave Mill Creek area -> Brier area (dropping off GM Throne for the upcoming Gamers The Series prop)
- 11:00 am - Brier area (Confirmed stop, confirmed time). Dropping off my GM Throne.
- 2:00 pm - Arrive Tacoma 2:00 pm. (Meeting with Matt Vancil, author and creator of The Gamers, JourneyQuest, and more!)
- 4:00 pm - Leave Tacoma --> Seattle
- 7:00 pm - Arrive Seattle. Meeting Adam Johns & Adam Davis of Wheelhouse Workshop and Andy Dopieralski & Brian S. Lewis of The Gamers. Location Details: Louisa Boren K-12 Parking Lot (5922 Delridge Way SW, Seattle WA 98106) (47.548579, -122.362107). (confirmed time and location, (tentatively for Brian) ).
- Late night, return to Mill Creek area.
Photo (left to right): Adam Johns, Andy Dopieralski, & Adam Davis.
Saturday, October 8th
- 10:00 am - "Dr B" of Aspiring Youth program. - 3560c Factoria Blvd SE, Bellevue, WA 98006.
- 1:00 pm - Tacoma. Autism Spectrum (ASD / PDD) family organization (previously part of PAVE program). 2217 North Pearl St, Tacoma, WA 98407 (Big Lots parking lot)
- 3/4:00 pm - Pullyallup (Brian S. Lewis).
- 7:00 pm (tentative time) - AFK Tavern - 1510 41st St, Everett, WA 98201. (Location confirmed).
The RPG Trailer at AFK Tavern in Everett Washington
Sunday, October 9th
- Leave Snohomish / Mill Creek
- 1:30 pm Ellensburg
- Moses Lake
- Spokane, WA
Monday, October 10th
- 5:00 am to 8:30 am - Spokane, KREM2 News multiple LIVE Broadcasts between 5:20 am through 8:30 am. Location (please feel free to join the fun!): KREM 2 Parking Lot: 4103 S. Regal St., Spokane
The RPG Trailer at KREM 2 News Parking Lot